miércoles, 15 de julio de 2020

Blog 7: Animated Disney character


Today I’m going to write about my favorite Disney princess, Tiana from “The Princess and The Frog”. Tiana is a hard-working woman that wants to fulfill her long term dream of owning a restaurant. When she was a little girl, she used to cook with her father, until he passed away, ever since that time she has been working a lot to achieve this.
This story takes place in New Orleans, specifically in the time of the year where Mardi Gras is celebrated. Her best friend is Charlotte La Bouff, she is the princess of this parade and very rich, but what she wants the most is to become a real princess, that’s why she’s so excited that Prince Naveen is coming to town, and that is the reason why she is throwing a party.

Prince Naveen is an arrogant, selfish, ambitious person. To give him a lesson, his parents aren’t giving him money anymore and when he arrives to New Orleans he is intercepted by Dr. Facilier also known as The Shadow Man. He tricks the prince and he ends up transforming into a frog. 

Naveen arrives at the previously mentioned party (as a frog) and after some things happen, Tiana kisses him, because he thought that she was a princess and that she could break the spell, just like in books. But Tiana wasn’t a princess and she ends up becoming a frog too.
I really love this movie and the characters in it. I think that I like Tiana because even when at the end she stays with Naveen and becomes a princess, that was never her goal in life and she actually had something that she was really passionate about. She didn’t wait for someone to get it for her, she worked hard for it and at the end of the story she got it (despite the difficulties that she had). Also, she has actual development as a character, unlike other princess, such as Aurora from Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. I think I chose her because I really wanted to write about the movie itself. I like the atmosphere of it and it’s developed in New Orleans, a place that I would love to visit and I hope doing it one day. 

Tiana also has an historical importance, since she is the first African-American Disney princess to ever exist. I wrote a little about the movie plot because I thought it was important to put her character in context.  



2 comentarios:

  1. i like new disney princesses, tiana's story is entertaining

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's true! I never assimilated that Tiana is the first African-American Disney princess to ever exist!!

    ResponderEliminar