lunes, 1 de junio de 2020

Blog 3: Movies and series

When I read that we had to write about a series that we think it’s worth watching, I gave it a long thought, I considered to write about “Sex Education”, “The assassination of Gianni Versace”, “Sherlock”, “Hollywood”, among others. But at the end, and after started writing at least three times without feeling right about it, I decided to go for “Big Mouth”.
This Netflix series, produced by Nate Funaro and Joe Wengert, and created by Nick Kroll, Andrew Goldberg, Mark Levin and Jennifer Flackett, aired on September 29th, 2017, with the first episode, “Ejaculation”. Even when the plot of the series is simple, it has a lot of content. It’s about two thirteen year old best friends and the rest of their class, going through the changes of puberty and other issues and discoveries that can come with adulthood (since the parents of the kids are involved in this series too). The main characters are Nick Birch, Andrew Glouberman, Jay Bilzerian, Jessi Glaser, Missy Foreman-Greenwald, Matthew MacDell, and Maury and Connie, the hormone monsters (which are hilarious).
If I’m being honest, at first I was a little reluctant to watch it, because I’m not a big fan of animated series and even less if they look like this particular one, but once I started I realized how good it was. I especially liked this show because it has a lot of elements that others don’t. For instance, it actually addresses complex topics, like puberty, relationships, sexuality, divorce, menopause, birth control and a whole bunch of interesting issues, without losing its comedy. It also has good bisexual representation (in comparison to other series).
Another reason of why I liked it, it’s because of the cast. It has amazing and talented people. For example, Nick Kroll (on the right), one of the creators of the series, does the voice to more than three characters, including Nick and Maury. And also John Mulaney (on the left) who plays Andrew. A fun fact about this show is that it’s based on the experiences of Andrew Goldberg and Nick Kroll, from when they were younger.
I feel like I can’t really express how good this series is, but I highly recommend it. 

3 comentarios:

  1. I going to trust in your criterion because i feel the same way with animated series, especially with the americans series. Nonetheless, maybe i will watch it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love this series, I laughed a lot in all its chapters because they are very real

    ResponderEliminar